- 12 large whole garlic cloves, plus 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 16 jumbo shrimp
- â…“ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon shopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat convection oven to 400°
2. Drop whole garlic cloves in a pot of boiling water to blanch for 3 minutes. Drain well and reserve.
3. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
4. In a large bowl, stir together the oil, tomato sauce, vinegar, basil, minced garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice.
5. Remove shrimp from the marinade and reserve remaining marinade.
6. Place shrimp and garlic cloves in lightly oiled skillet and place in convection oven. Cook, turning occasionally, brushing with reserved marinade, until the shrimp turn pink, about 6 – 8 minutes.