Spicy Carrot Salad
- 4 cups (½-inch thick) sliced carrot
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- â…› teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives (about 6)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cups torn spinach
1. Cook carrot in boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Combine rind and next 8 ingredients (rind through garlic) in a large bowl. Add carrot, feta, olives and parsley; stir well to coat.
3. Place spinach on each of 4 plates; top with carrot salad.
Yield: About 4 cups.